Background


Friday, October 14, 2011

Things That Make Me Laugh

We got this in the mail this week (page two of a two page letter asking us to participate in a study concerning infant brain development):

Click to Enlarge and Get a Good Look...


As a graduate of the Liberal Arts and SCIENCE Academy of Austin, Texas, I am a not-so-closeted science nerd.  I love scientific experimentation. I secretly can't wait until Piercy Joye wants her first bug motel because I love entomology. The Science Fair was my favorite part of elementary school.  However....

Dear sweet Jessica M. Jankowitsch, Ph.D. in training, please do not take this personally, but the photograph of the infant sleeping with all of those electrodes on his/her head is too much.

This peaceful nirvana would not be achieved with my baby or any other babies, save the actual baby you photographed. Our baby is a good baby.  A "conspiracy" baby, as our Mommy and Me Yoga instructor calls her (you know, the kind that makes your friends get pregnant because your baby is so "easy"). But, but, BUT, she would NOT ever wear that many electrodes and simply fall asleep. All sorts of clawing and screaming would accompany such a headpiece. Sorry.  Baby in said picture might actually be a doll. I hope you find a willing field of babies to fulfill your quota, but I am sorry to say that we will not be participating.

Also, in related "Things That Make Me Laugh:"

-Gummy Smiles
-Tyrannosaurus "P" (what we've named our girl who "talks" like I imagine a dinosaur may have sounded)
-Herman Cain: it's a love/laugh relationship
-The new season of The Office
-The "Occupy (Fill in the Blank City)" Protestors
-My husband on the phone at the dove hunt with a few too many tequila shots down the hatch
-The posts on our neighborhood association's listserv... Holy goat, if you don't want your double BOB stroller stolen, please don't leave it in your front yard every day and night for six months straight.
-The conversation that ensued with Greg while I was driving/talking on my celly and ran over a curb in an empty parking lot at 10 am (getchyur mid-morning-stay-at-home-mom driving skillz on!)

This.


Things that are not at all funny: Being deliriously tired at 10:15 pm on a Friday night....

Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment