Background


Saturday, October 15, 2011

Radio Flyer Inaguration


Come Fly with Me, Let's Fly, Let's Fly Away!
Yesterday evening Greg pulled up to the house in his the newly-operable-again 1986 Jeep after a day of volunteer work.  He'd told me he was stopping by Sears on his way home to pick up the weed eater that had been getting a little rehab work done.  When Piercy Joye and I met him in the driveway, a big cardboard box was sitting in the back seat.

A brand-spankin' new Radio Flyer.

I feel like the purchase of a Radio Flyer, its simple presence in the American garage, is some sort of rite of passage. Greg and I had been planning a Saturday trip to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center for their incredible plant sale, and I know he was wanting to include his Little Lady in the fun with a shiny, red wagon (for pulling plants and PJ!).

Smarty Pants Daddy had this great idea to bring along Piercy Joye's Bumbo seat for her to sit in inside the wagon. Genius! *It should be noted that, while the Bumbo has been an integral part of our life for the last three months, we are hours away from retiring it as Peejalicious has shown that she is capable of providing an early death by heart attack for Mommy due to her near ability to squirm out of the seat.*

When we arrived at the plant sale today we found these guys at the pond:

Monarch Caterpillars

We quickly realized that we should have brought a hat for our bald-headed baby (Duh!). The gift shop, was open, thankfully, and we picked up the best solution we could find: a visor (not very helpful) and some baby shades (that don't fit).

Clearly, it didn't really matter that the purchases were not entirely functional.

Piercy asked me to leave the sticker on her visor... How very hip-hop of her...
This evening when I was emptying my diaper bag (thrice) in an attempt to find my camera (which had actually slipped into the crevices of the car), I realized I'd had Piercy's cute, white sun hat in my diaper bag all along. Good thing it was hiding this morning.  The pic of the visor/shades combo was worth every penny!

Petting a Kitty at the Wildflower Center
I can't help but think that someday Little Miss P will be sitting up by herself in that red wagon, riding in the neighborhood Fourth of July parade, pulling a younger sibling behind her, or maybe even taking off down the street with a load of Girl Scout cookies. Today she broke in the Browne family wagon in perfect style!

No comments:

Post a Comment