Background


Monday, March 26, 2012

Have I Mentioned...?

Have I mentioned that when I'm in a blog lag it usually means my cuticles are also a mess, my life feels out of whack, the laundry is probably piling up, and there may or may not be multiple illnesses in my household?

The lack of blogging does not cause these things, but life does. The absence of sleep, run of the mill gastroenteritis, marital bliss, and no exercise routine (i.e. no endorphins) causes this for me.  As we speak, I have a garage full of gigantic, procreating crane flies buzzing around the florescent lights at my "laundry desk" that illuminate more mountainous a pile than they have in a while; an inbox full of barely answered emails, Facebook messages, and texts; a husband who was probably happy to hit the road after a week home with the Wicked Witch of Central Austin; and a toilet bowl that's been cleaned approximately 35 times in the last three days. Okay, that toilet estimate is really conservative.

Oh, and another thing...

That gastroenteritis?  I think I gave it to Piercy.  Right after I took...

This Picture...
...with my iPhone, she made it clear that, despite having been thrilled to discover that she could blow bubbles for the first time, there was an intestinal squall headed south. Can you see it on her face? Ohhhhh boy.  It cannot be said enough, parents who cloth diaper, God Bless you.  She was wearing one of her many cloth swim diapers today for our inaugural Big Stacy Pool swim.  Pobrecita!! I'm so thankful she waited until after we'd finished swimming.

Tonight during Preciosa's bath, we were practicing blowing bubbles together, and she was so overtly thrilled with herself.  First, let me give you a quick look into our (only) bathroom where the old-fashioned tub is a little deeper than most, and I'm leaning over the edge to get my lips into four inches of water as a means of coaxing Piercy into the fun. Ridiculous.  Back and forth, back and forth. I foolishly contort myself, then she follows, easily folding her little Bendy Baby Body over to place her mouth in the water.  This goes on for a dozen minutes or so, and I even got a little video clip to send to her Daddy.

When I realize that this bath has become The Longest Bath Ever Taken in The History of Baths, I quickly start the clean up song and look over to watch her take a... gastroenteritis-inspired... number two. In the tub. Sickening, and maybe funnier than gross.

There has never been such rapid slippery baby whisking-out-of-the-tub.  Or maybe there has, but we were at least close.

The clean up, well, it was not so rapid.  I had to let it stew while we 1) Completed bedtime routine, 2) I bathed the stinky dogs who played in the creek today, 3) I cleaned some of the grosser dinner dishes, 3) I started a load of laundry, 4) I Facebooked the whole episode (hello?!).

So that's it.  I think that's what I needed to knock me out of the funk.  Her first, big funky yuck in the bathtub.   Well played, Piercy!

And for the record, Gregory, I love you to pieces.

Love,

Your Meghan Very Own Wicked Witch




1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy your posts, even the poop related ones ;-) We went through this last week, lots of bland food for almost 7 straight days. Woof, really does a number on just about everything! Hang in there mama, enjoy some wine and rest assured that this too, will pass. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete