Background


Sunday, March 11, 2012

Best Ever




It's March.

I love March.

I love that March 2nd is Texas Independence Day.

I love that I can still hear my seventh grade science teacher say, "March fo(u)rth! A day of action!"

I love that March 5th is my very own special birthday, and that this year, my first waking thought was of thanks for my dear mother who labored to bring me to life 27 years ago. Ah, perspective!

I love that March in Austin, Texas is busy. Busy as in Rodeo Austin, Zilker Kite Festival, South by Southwest Interactive/Film/Music Festival, Spring Break, St. Paddy's Day busy. Busy as in can't find a seat at your favorite haunt. Busy like you swear you'll never get in your car again to sit in traffic with a bunch of out-of-towners, but also busy like you can't believe that you're lucky enough to live in the epicenter of busy-ness during the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.

And I love that March means rain, or wind, or rain and wind, or cold, or snow, or sun, or sunburns, or heaven.  At eleven days in, we've had all but one of those (snow) weather events. Today, as the sun emerged for the first time in four days, our garden fairy that holds the rain gauge sat quietly with 3.25 inches of rain in her glass. This, friends, is more of a blessing than most could fathom.  Last year's drought was exceptional, and we are thankful for the relief. The trees are budding out, the wildflower seeds are pushing through the mulch, and every living thing seems to be thankful to have made it through the dreaded summer of 2011.

Obligatory photo montage.  Keep scrolling... the Rodeo snapshots are to die for.

Floor Refinishing Project


70 Year Old Floors Before
Freshly sanded!


Gardening

Cauliflower Harvesting

My friend who emerged while washing the cauliflower

Zilker Kite Festival


Let's go fly a kite!

It's an optical illusion

Who needs a hat?

With Ally Cat

Precious Allyson and Piercy Joye

Scrumptious

Rodeo Austin:
First Pony Ride

Longhorns with Daddy

Cheep-Cheep!

Lemur-licious

Petting Zoo

Smiling Camel

Goats!

Kisses

Frozen Custard Smile

2 comments:

  1. i love everything about this post. you summed up march in our wonderful town perfectly. i've thought those exact same thoughts about 10000 times already. and those pictures are to die for! PJ might be one of the cutest things i've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gratitude for March is SPOT ON! Loved the photos too. Some of my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete