Background


Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sick Eyes




Here we are.  Seventeen days, two boxes of Kleenex, two packages of Boogie Wipes, four visits to the pediatrician, countless uncomfortable temperature checks and nasal irrigations, and many does of Tylenol in to a rough dual-bout with the Cold.

Sick eyes

New table Daddy got for his sicky baby

Piercy Joye has been battling one cold virus or another for the last two and a half weeks.  She had about three or four days of very near wellness in the midst of this run, but the second round has proven to be a little harder on both Mommy and Baby. The benefit to sharing an illness with your non-verbal child is being able to anticipate their needs much better when you know those needs first-hand.

Such a good little stander

I'm ready for February to be over, for spring to come, and for health and wellness to be a fixture in our lives again.  I've also never been more thankful for our family's general health.




Can you see how hard our little girl tries?  She's such a good baby, bless her heart.


"ya-ya-ya-ya"
Oh, and in case you haven't seen these, I took a picture of one of my favorite parts of Piercy Joye's nursery:  Her name letters.  When I was about-to-pop pregnant, I found a couple of cute alphabet card sets (boy and girl versions, as we were waiting to find out her gender until birth) at East Side Cafe and picked her letters out once we'd named her. A few frames from Michael's finished the easy project...

Pokeweed-Iris-Elderberry-Ranunculus-Cosmos-Yellow Lady Slipper

Finally, I have to share a few sweet little pictures I snapped when I heard a stirring from the sick room today at the end of nap time:

Little Backyard Peeper

Caught!

Now excuse me while I go snuggle up with a hot toddy and a box of Kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment