Background


Thursday, February 16, 2012

BE MINE, Valentine!



Happy February 16th!

Also known as, the day I'm prepared to celebrate Valentine's Day.

Greg has been blasting off at an airport near you since Sunday morning when he bid me adieu with a short, fizzing glass of Alka Seltzer cold medicine and a kiss on the cheek, lest he be burdened with this disgusting cold that is only just now relenting back at the home front. The day before he left, he came home from running errands with a bounty of gifts for me and Sweet P: a new table, puzzle, a couple of books, and a sweet baby bouquet for the Miss, a gorgeous arrangement of long-stemmed rosies and other beauties for moi, and a bunch of ready-made soup and food for the patients in the house. What a guy!

I was sure to return his generosity in anticipation of the impending V-Day by sneaking him some of these particularly nasty cooties (whoopsie).  Poor Greg called from the road on Tuesday to say that he'd caught the bug, and by today he was struggling through this, the last day of his five-day trip. I am so proud of my hardworking husband, but I sure wish he was laid up in bed here while I could do my best to make him feel better.

On Tuesday Piercy Joye and I took advantage of some beautiful evening sunlight to snap a few Valentine's Day photos.  The wheels in my brain had been spinning to think of what I could do for GB for his Valentine's Week homecoming, and I started with this photo shoot.















The finished product will have to remain a surprise until the big unveiling tonight, but I promise to post a pic of what I managed to get done during nap time today.

X's and O's from the Brownes!

No comments:

Post a Comment