Background


Friday, August 17, 2012

Remind me to tell you about Krause Springs

The busiest summer ever has been taking my breath away.

Much like this precious face/fingers/toes make my heart skip a beat

We have not sat still for long, and things are on the fast track to crazier as the days pass. Last month we took an expedition down a Hill Country road for a lesser-known Central Texas oasis, Krause Springs, and sat stationary, breathed deep, and enjoyed each other under the giant cypress trees. (FYI, Krause Springs sounds like "Crozzy" Springs).

There is a man-made, spring-fed pool...


Hello, 16 week-ish baby bump!

... Which is cold but so much fun...

Tah-dah!

 (Oh, hi, Baby Dos!)




... And there are gorgeous natural pools...



... Which you must take this precarious route to reach (with a toddler in your arms and a teeny tiny baby throwing your -my- already questionable balance off a bit)...




... Precarious enough to incite this untrusting expression...


Mom?

... And flowing little pools like this...





... Stunning scenery....



... Equally Stunning Eyes (and pout)...


... And only the most amazing Daddy...





I'd never had the pleasure of exploring this incredible treasure in my youth, though my South Austinite husband has memories from his former days at this family-owned operation out Spicewood way.  The water is good and cold, and the grounds are magical.  I wish I'd taken pictures of the enchanting gardens at the entrance to the pools.  They are something. Piercy Joye was almost as enamored as her Master Gardener daddy and fairly uneducated (in all things horticultural) mother.

I'm holding to the promise of long summer days with children who can swim unassisted in those frigid Krause pools, stopping only to admire a waterfall or to grab a bite to eat from a picnic blanket.  For now, in this sweet, sweet time with our one and only P gaining independence daily, and her little tiny sibling packed neatly away inside my belly, every toddling step will suit us just fine.

Happy Summer!

1 comment:

  1. i wish there were a like button so i could simply like the post. yall are too cute

    ReplyDelete