Background


Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Whole Heart


'Grant that she and I may find mercy and that we may grow old together.' And they both said, 'Amen, Amen.' 

The Book of Tobit, Chapter 8




You know when you realize how much you love someone?


And then you realize how much they love you?


I've noticed in a few short years that marriage offers many occasions for us to know and re-learn the beauty of love over and over and over and over again.  It also allows us the freedom to sometimes be reckless with our emotions, reactions, feelings, and words. Even when we're not at our best, I'm thankful that our commitment is bigger than the either part of the whole, especially when I'm feeling especially like the smaller piece who's dug herself into a hole.

My heart swells, feeling like it may burst, with love for my amazing husband and this incredible beauty we've created.  I am eternally grateful for the twisted roads we took to find each other, the grace I'm regularly shown, and the love my husband gives our daughter by loving her mother so completely.

Not every day is easy.  Many are hard. We hurt each other sometimes. A lot of times, though, we have days like last Friday that are wondrous, truly heavenly.


Sissies

Zilker Park Baby

Rapunzel
Daddy's twin
...ohm...
Guns and Roses

Every Girl Needs a Strawberry Bonnet, Even if it Doesn't Match

Life is good, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment